APC 40 mkII, APC mini, and APC Key 25 offer dedicated hardware integration and cutting-edge production content pack with Ableton Live software.
Cumberland, R.I. — September 24, 2014. Akai Professional, the acknowledged leader in control surfaces for Ableton Live, is now shipping all three models of their new APC Series controllers: the flagship APC40 mkII, the APC Key 25 with integrated keyboard, and the compact APC mini. In addition, each model comes with an expertly curated suite of music production software complementary to Ableton Live’s user-experience.
Ableton revolutionized the world of music software with their first release of “Live” back in 2001. Designed for performers, producers, and DJs alike, Ableton Live enables dynamic manipulation of audio and MIDI clips, loops, and virtual instruments, in addition to mixing and effects duties; all in a simple-to-use visual interface.
The flagship APC40 mkII offers the highest degree of control with new bus-powered operation and a redesigned layout. APC Keys 25 adds twenty-five mini keys to fuse melodic performance with a clip-launching workflow. For the digital DJ and laptop musician, the APC mini adds additional rows of trigger pads in a compact package that can comfortably fit into the tightest setup.
“We are excited to announce the availability of the APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini. We’ve compiled exhaustive feedback from the best-selling APC40 and APC20, incorporating the most in-demand features into industry leading control surfaces,” notes Akai Professional Product Manager Dan Gill. “Even more, each model in the series comes with expertly curated virtual instruments, Toolroom Records artist launch packs, loop content, and more. The value is second only to the creative capability.”
APC Series Highlights:
- Ableton Live integration—seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- USB-powered and class compliant—no power adapter required
- Ableton Live Lite—industry-leading music creation software from Ableton™ included
APC40 mkII Highlights:
- 5×8 RGB LED clip matrix—launches clips with visual feedback
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls—map to Ableton Live directly
- Intuitive layout—revised knob layout with in-line controls for smarter workflow
- A/B crossfader—can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
- Send button—press and hold Send and use the Track Selects to choose one of 8 sends
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs, Prime Loops sample packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Technology & SONiVOX Twist
APC Key 25 Highlights:
- Ableton Live controller with keyboard—25 synth-action mini keys
- Tri-color clip matrix—launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
- 8 assignable control knobs—hands-on-control of any Ableton Live parameter
- Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain—expands keyboard range and expression
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech & SONiVOX Twist
APC mini Highlights:
- Tri-color clip matrix—8×8 grid launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
- 8 channel faders & 1 master fader—provide hands-on-control of Ableton
- Compact construction—portable design for mobile performers and producers
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs & Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
The APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini are available at the following street prices: APC40 mkII ($399.99 USD), APC Key 25 ($129.99 USD), and APC mini ($99.99 USD). For more information, visit akaipro.com/apc.