Cumberland, RI USA (September 27, 2017) — Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced a major firmware update to the newest members of its legendary MPC line, the MPC Live and MPC X. The new 2.0.5 update introduces a number of powerful production and performance features, including: audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level for manipulating loops and hits on each pad within a drum program, improved Program and Audio editing, Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI capability and enhanced support for storage expansion/external drives.
Another huge new addition to 2.0.5 is Ableton Link support, the first time ever on a standalone hardware unit. MPC users can now synchronize and play back audio in real time with other Link-enabled music making devices and apps (including iMPC Pro) using a shared Wi-Fi connection.
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi – Sync MPC with any Link-enabled apps and devices for cross-platform collaboration. Complete list of apps found here: https://www.ableton.com/en/link/apps
- Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI support – Controllers such as the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless can now be used to control MPC instruments and kits
- Audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level within a drum program
- Improved Audio and Program Editing
- Enhanced Support for Storage Expansion – Hard Drives can now be formatted using the MPC
“This firmware update elevates the MPC to an entirely new level,” said Pete Goodlife, Director of Software Development for Akai Professional. “The new features make MPC a genuine performance powerhouse, and the enhanced connectivity provides a world of new creative possibilities.”
The 2.0.5 firmware upgrade will be available as a free download at akaipro.com for all registered MPC Live and MPC X owners in late August 2017.
For more information, visit akaipro.com.