Cumberland, RI USA (December 14, 2017) — Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced the official release of iMPC Pro 2. Following up the original groundbreaking app, iMPC Pro 2 elevates song production for all mobile musicians by adding new track types and enhancing the beloved drum tracks feature from iMPC Pro. With the addition of vocal tracks, support for Audio Units, and a sleek new design, iMPC Pro 2 is now a full-fledged song creation tool, capable of creating sophisticated tracks anywhere inspiration strikes.
iMPC Pro 2 also adds support for Audio Units — Apple’s standard for hosting and connecting musical instrument and effects apps. This enables any Audio Unit app to function as a digital audio plug-in within iMPC Pro 2 as an Audio Unit Track in iMPC Pro 2. Inside the audio tracks, users can instantaneously time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange their audio clips to their liking. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. Users can choose from multiple input sources, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces and Inter-App Audio.
- Audio track recording (record from built-in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, etc.)
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo)
- Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- 64-track mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange and one IAA effect)
- Redesigned user interface
- Audio Unit plug-in support
- Directly upload tracks to YouTube
- Sample audio directly from music player apps such as Spotify
- New Song Mode makes full song production more intuitive than ever
- 100% new sound set, with five additional free Sound Packs
- Advanced waveform editing
- Enhanced MIDI support
- and many more workflow enhancements
iMPC Pro 2 features a new library of built-in, high-quality sounds. Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover popular and cutting-edge genres from world-class sample libraries including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic.
In addition, five custom sound packs are available at no extra charge in the AudioCopy Content
Store (valued at $35). Essential Club Collection, Classic Cutz, Dub 2 DnB, and Melodic Collection are exclusively curated for the iMPC Pro 2, featuring instruments and samples by iconic producers across an array of genres. Users who dive into the iMPC University online course will get an additional sound pack, The Diploma, upon completion.
“iMPC Pro 2 represents the next stage of evolution for the iMPC series,” said JP Walton, Co- founder of Retronyms. “It takes the classic beatmaking workflow found on the original and adds something we’ve been working on for a long time: the ability to rap or sing over the beat you’ve produced. This evolves the mobile beatmaking app concept into a more complete song creation tool. It has synchrony with what Akai has been working on with MPC desktop and their hardware as well.”
iMPC Pro 2 is available now on The App Store for $24.99. For a limited time only, existing iMPC pro users can upgrade to iMPC Pro 2 for $15.
For more information, visit akaipro.com.