AUSTIN, Texas Dec 01, 2010 — Music Computing, Inc. today announced it will now offer ODM (product development) services to assist companies in producing computer-enhanced solutions for today’s creative professionals.
With decades of combined experience, the design team’s mission is to work with traditional music instrument companies to transform their products into modern-age solutions, which provides more features, better performance and new uses.
“We have been approached in the past by a number of companies that were interested in modernization of their products lines,” said Victor Wong, CEO, Music Computing, “and we are now looking forward to sharing our knowledge and expertise with them to create new classes of instruments.”
Services Music Computing will provide include the following:
• Requirement management
• Selection of appropriate key components
• Development of hardware and software
• Design reviews
• Design to cost, testing, and manufacturing
• Test concept and design of test benches
• Reliability, approval, and customer acceptance testing
• Quality planning and control through entire process and readiness for mass production
As a demonstration of its capabilities, Music Computing focused on the needs of the modern day drummer and embarked upon the process of designing DrumMC™, the world’s first computer-enhanced electronic drum trigger brain.
The primary targets to achieving this goal were as follows:
• Ability run any Microsoft Windows-based VST, VSTi, DAW or other music applications
• Ability to accept virtually any trigger pad, cymbal trigger or sensor from all manufacturers (30 trigger inputs)
• Small footprint and weight to allow for maximum portability
• Integrated audio to provide both stereo inputs and outputs as well as MIDI and other protocols
• Touchscreen interface allowing control over software interfaces without need for mapping controls
• Ability to be used as a standalone or with any existing drum trigger brain
• Complete design encompassing hardware, software, firmware and user interfaces, ready for mass production
A video demonstrating the DrumMC and Drum MC+ in use as a Finger Drumming & Music Production Workstation, Integrated Electronic Drum VSTi Player and Sequencer, and Electronic Drum Module Replacement, can be seen at: http://www.musiccomputing.com/odm. The DrumMC line is currently available for companies on an OEM basis.