Sample Logic and System Blue are proud to announce Fanfare, a ground-breaking Kontakt Player virtual instrument pairing the DCI World-Champion Blue Devils marching brass with the award-winning sound design of Sample Logic. From traditional marching brass to full-blown cinematic soundscapes, Fanfare delivers the definitive marching brass library for educators and arrangers, and an extraordinarily versatile and inspiring construction toolkit for film, TV, game composers, producers, and electronic musicians. Tapping into the mind of premier wind and brass arranger John Meehan, Fanfare features a broad array of samples recorded by Leslie Ann Jones on The Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (Lucasfilm Ltd Company) and on the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium (home of the Buffalo Bills) by Grammy® Award winner Frank Dorritie. The indoor recordings were done at close, mid, and far microphone placements, while the outdoor recordings were captured with state of the art stadium surround sound recording techniques. The resulting sonic textures range from full stadium ambience to an “in-your-face” 85-piece brass ensemble, with all of the recordings capturing The Blue Devils’ signature sound of amazingly inventive chords, avant-garde clusters, swells, and organic brass effects.
And it doesn’t stop there…
Fanfare not only boasts the finest traditional marching brass samples available, but extends the library’s sonic reach via Sample Logic’s signature “blurring the line between music and sound design” programming techniques. Starting with the traditional brass recordings, an entire library of morphed “cinematic” multi-sampled instruments was created, putting not only world-class marching brass at your fingertips, but also an inspiring array of melodics, pads, leads, stingers, impacts, transitions, atmospheres, and articulated rhythms–all organized into easily accessible, production-ready presets.
The INSTRUMENTS & MULTIS
- A complete collection of traditional marching brass instruments (trumpets, mellophones, euphoniums, tubas, and trombones) recorded with multiple round robins, multiple dynamics, and up to five microphone placements
- Scoring Stage: Individual instruments and sectionals
- Stadium: Large sections and full ensemble
- A complete collection of evocative morphed cinematic instruments and rhythms
- Atmospheric/ambient soundscapes and stinger construction kits
- Arpeggiator/Arpeggigater rhythmic instruments
- Swipes, scrapes, impacts, and reverse transitional effects
- Performance-ready multis (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
Fanfare offers unprecedented control over sound and performance, thanks to Sample Logic’s custom-designed Kontakt Player interface, one of the most advanced Kontakt user interfaces to date. Building on the exclusive “multi-core effects sequencer” first introduced in their Cinematic Guitars collection, Sample Logic puts complete, customizable user control right at your fingertips, with sequencers, LFOs, programmable arpeggiation, a unique Rhythmic Articulator, and a fully integrated multi-microphone mixer. Fanfare boasts over 40 screens of powerful, intuitive user interface controls!
Sample the future: The Arpeggigater
We are proud to introduce a powerful addition to Fanfare… The Arpeggigater
The Arpeggigater allows users to design custom gate sequencer patterns with effects simultaneously. This extremely powerful addition allows for infinite sound-sculpting results.
Swirling the space: The Spinner
All of Fanfare’s multi-mic instruments include a sound-swirling spinner effect. This effect allows users to not only change the listeners perspective around the concert hall (Left to Right and Close to Far), but also allows you to automate the listening position swirling the sound with your own custom patterns.
- Over 1200 Instruments and multis recorded and processed at 88.2k/24-bit, delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- 30GB sample library (uncompressed)
- 20GB via Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- Available in both boxed and direct download formats
- Standalone, VST, AU, DXi, or RTAS
Minimum System Requirements
- Kontakt Player Free 4 or higher (also runs in the retail version of Kontakt)
- Mac: OS X 10.6 (latest update), 10.7, Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (Kontakt Player 4 and higher)
- Mac: PPC (Kontakt 4) and Intel (Kontakt player 4 and higher) Compatible
- PC: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit, Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2GB RAM
- 20GB of disk space for Fanfare library
- 1GB of disk space for Kontakt/Kontakt Player
Fanfare MSRP: $399.99
Fanfare Website: http://www.samplelogic.com/products/fanfare