SKYLIFE releases a new update for their sampling applications SampleRobot Pro, Multi-X, Korg+Wave and SampleRobot Montage. With version 6.1 SampleRobot Pro and SampleRobot Montage users will benefit from a major feature which is the new VST host. For the first time in the history of SampleRobot you can directly load your virtual instruments inside SampleRobot and connect them digitally for automatic sampling. There is also a new audio monitoring function included so that plugins are audible during the sampling process.
This feature is work in progress. SKYLIFE decided to offer the current status as a beta feature to the SampleRobot community. At the moment only VST2 instruments can be loaded but it is planned to expand the host functionality also to VST3 and AU standard in an upcoming update.
A gentle note from the SampleRobot developers: Please respect the copyright whatever you sample. It takes a long time to design plugins and preset sounds and it is a highly creative process. Make sure you own the plugins you sample. Don’t rip off someone’s intellectual property. Be creative and design your own sounds for sampling!
Optimized project structure and overview
Version 6.1 update includes optimizations that are also available for SampleRobot Multi-X and SampleRobot Korg+Wave. The new context-sensitive color coding makes it a lot easier to navigate through projects, multisamples and samples. Fast browsing is supported by dedicated shortcuts.
Big screens and 16:9
Since screens are still getting bigger and bigger SKYLIFE optimized SampleRobot for version 6.1 so that users can run the application very comfortably even on the biggest 4K screens with various aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9. When using multiple screens one can drag elements from the graphical user interface like e.g. the peak meter simply to another screen to optimize the overview in the sampling session.
Best of all, SampleRobot 6.1 is free for all users of version 6.
New features of SampleRobot 6.1
- VST2 host for SampleRobot Pro and SampleRobot Montage.
- Direct plugin monitoring for SampleRobot Pro and SampleRobot Montage.
- Context-sensitive color-coded project hierarchy.
- Support for high resolution 4K screens including various aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:9, 21:9.
- Generell optimizations.
Benefits of SampleRobot (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements)
- Build your own sample instruments easily.
- Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds fast.
- Turn virtual instruments and complex sound layers into CPU-lightweight multi-samples.
- Play in other studios or on stage without carrying additional keyboards / sound expanders.
- Perform laptop-based sounds on stage without laptop by using a hardware sample player.
- Shape optimum loops for loop-based arrangements.
- Build and sell/share your own sample libraries.
- Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop.
- Buy used gear and resell it after the automatic sampling procedure.
- Use all your software instruments cross-platform and independently from specific operation systems.
- Play monophonic instruments polyphonically.
- Have total recall and editing capabilities for all instruments in every session.
- Fast sampling process.
- Fully automated workflow.
- Sample export in various formats.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated autoloop processing, transient recognition and sample editing.
- Many loop and crossfade types including autogain crossfades.
- Premium multisamples taken from classic synthesizers included.
Mac OS 10.12. and higher, Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Now as download from the SKYLIFE Store.
Free for all users of version 6.