SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 18, 2013 —For a half-century, the Fairchild 670 and 660 tube limiters have defined many of popular music’s most revered vocal and drum sounds, from Pink Floyd and the Beatles to classic Motown singles. Now, Universal Audio has fully captured Fairchild’s revered tube character with the Fairchild Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Audio Interfaces.
In 2004, Universal Audio released the Fairchild 670 Legacy plug-in, which was quickly heralded as the best Fairchild 670 emulation available. Today, UA’s team of DSP experts have improved the original time constants and gain reduction curves while modeling — for the first time ever — the complete tube-powered amplifier and transformer sections of their hardware counterparts. Far beyond other Fairchild emulations, only the new UAD Fairchild Limiter Collection is based on an accurate circuit model of Ocean Way’s “golden-reference” units.
The Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection also offers “digital only” features such as sidechain filtering, dry/wet parallel blend, and headroom controls, giving owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware modern workflow appointments.
Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection— $299
- Includes the Fairchild mono 660 and stereo 670, each with their own sonic attributes and feature sets
- Models entire electronic path, including tube amplifiers and transformers for complete analog color and behavior
- Based on Ocean Way’s famous, meticulously maintained Fairchild “golden units”
- Lateral-Vertical mode for stereo imaging and balance control
- Includes all-new “digital only” features such as sidechain filtering, dry/wet parallel blend, and headroom controls
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Download UAD Software v7.4 here:
Learn more about the Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection here:
Learn more about the award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: