AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, August 28, 2014: FabFilter is proud to announce availability of FabFilter Pro-Q 2, a major update to the Pro-Q equalizer plug-in. New features — such as Full Screen mode, unique Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction, and slope support for all filter types — make Pro-Q 2 a cut above its predecessor in every way, while staying true to the original vision of combining high sound quality with unsurpassed interface workflow.
Completely redesigned EQ engine
For Pro-Q 2, FabFilter has completely redesigned the internal filter engine from the ground up — not only improving the existing Zero Latency and Linear Phase processing modes, but also introducing a unique Natural Phase mode. Besides perfectly matching the magnitude response of analog EQ’ing, Natural Phase also closely matches the analog phase response, without introducing noticeable pre-ring or a long latency. Last but not least, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is more than twice as CPU-efficient as its predecessor.
Universal filter slope support
Very steep filter slopes of up to 96 dB/octave are now available, and, uniquely, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 lets users change the slope of any filter type — not just the usual Low/High Cut filters. This makes it possible to create super-narrow bell filters, very steep or gently sloping shelves, and more. In addition to the existing Bell, Low/ High Shelf, Low/High Cut, and Notch filters, Pro-Q 2 also features new Band-Pass and Tilt Shelf filter types.
More interface innovations
Furthermore, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is boosted by an abundance of user interface innovations. Spectrum Grab enables users to directly adjust peaks in the real-time spectrum analyzer display. Pro-Q 2 offers flexible interface resizing, in addition to a Full Screen mode that makes it easier than ever to do ultra-precise adjustments. EQ Match lets users match the spectrum of another track in just a few seconds. All this power is neatly integrated into a gorgeous, uncluttered interface that lets users focus freely on music and workflow.
Original and trailblazing
Of course, Pro-Q 2 features everything that was great about the original Pro-Q — up to 24 EQ bands, innovative interface with unsurpassed workflow and multi-band selection, per-channel EQ’ing in L/R or M/S mode, real-time spectrum analyzer, intelligent solo mode, double-click text entry, stereo/mono plug-ins, Pro Tools hardware surface support — as well as all the trailblazing FabFilter bells and whistles that users have come to expect and love — perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization, and more.
- Natural Phase mode to perfectly match the magnitude response of analog EQ’ing while also closely matching the analog phase response, without noticeable pre-ring or a long latency
- Full Screen mode for super-precise adjustments
- Spectrum Grab — just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!
- Universal slope support for all filter types — for example, enabling users to make ultra-narrow bell filters or very steep shelves. (Slopes up to 96 dB/oct are now supported, including 18, 30, 36, and 72 dB/oct.)
- Highly improved Linear Phase mode, offering a better magnitude response and smooth changes without zipper effects
- New EQ filter types — Tilt Shelf and Band-Pass, in addition to the existing Bell, High/Low Cut, High/Low Shelf, and Notch filter shapes
- Gain-Q interaction option: when enabled, Q and gain influence each other in a pleasant way that is often found in analog mixing consoles
- EQ match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain input
- Auto Gain automatically adjusts the output gain to compensate for the audible gain loss or increase introduced by the active EQ bands
- Improved spectrum analyzer with adjustable range, tilt, freeze, and horizontal zooming
- Optional piano roll display
- Flexible interface resizing
- Full output level meter
- Phase Invert option
- Highly improved CPU optimization: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor!
- Improved analog magnitude matching in Zero Latency mode
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is now available for EUR 149, USD 199, or GBP 124, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to Pro-Q 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account at: www.fabfilter.com/
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.